Belly fat is annoying and unpleasant, and unfortunately there is no magic way to get rid of it within 1 week. It will take some time following our instructions before you notice considerable changes, but the result is definitely worth your efforts and patience. Here are 10 most useful tips how to lose belly fat and look fantastic!
1. Drink much water. Even if you are not keeping to a diet, drinking much water will stimulate metabolism and help to lose weight. In addition to that water will remove waste and toxins from your blood, therefore, improving your overall health. Daily norm is ~1.5-2 liters a day.
2. Exercise in short bursts. It is a wide-known fact that interval training with brief resting periods is more effective than traditional exercise. Instead of doing 500 crunches a day choose a program engaging multiple muscle groups. Go for quick walks or try sprinting to keep active throughout a day.
3. Remove sugar from your daily ratio. A healthy diet is one of the most important ways of fighting against belly fat. Eat more vegetables, whole grains and protein replacing bad habit snacks with healthy ones. Choose sugar-free products or use artificial sweeteners. It is also a good idea to add cinnamon to your morning coffee – this spice has proved to be a great blood sugar stabilizer.
4. Sleep no less than 7 hours a night. When you are tired, your organism starts producing more ghrelin, which makes you crave on sugar and other fat-building foods. Furthermore, if you do not sleep enough, it alters your hormone production, affects cortisol levels and causes insulin sensitivity, that is a major reason of belly fat. So think twice before going to bed late when you have to get up early.
5. Eat products rich in vitamin C. It is particularly important for those suffering from emotional crisis or stress. Despite counteracting negative side effects, vitamin C is essential for making carnitine, a compound turning fat into fuel. Oranges, kale or kiwi fruits are your best fat burning friends.
6. Never miss breakfast. Having breakfast within 1 hour after waking up keeps insulin levels steadier and lowers cholesterol levels. It is also essential to eat breakfast at the same time every day, including protein and high-fiber foods into it. Eggs, peanut butter, fresh fruits and vegetables will make you feel full throughout the morning since they take longer to process than complex carbs or refined sugars.
7. Consume good fats. It may sound strange, but the researches have shown that a diet with a high ratio of monounsaturated fats (MUFAs), such as salmon, avocados, walnuts, seeds and soybeans, can prevent the accumulation of belly fat. Besides that, such food is full of nutrients and will keep you full throughout the day. However, remember that trans fats (cookies, crackers or anything made with partially hydrogenated oils) should be strictly avoided.
Remember, that one of the key points in losing belly fat is staying motivated. It is a good idea to place photos of girls with slim bellies on the fridge and encourage yourself with something pleasant after each lost inch – it may be a new dress, gadget, trip to Luna Park – just whatever makes you happy. You can also start losing belly fat with your friend – it will give you extra incentive to keep exercising. Moreover, it is always a stimulus, when you have someone who you can share your progress and victories with, as well as discuss solutions to possible roadblocks.
These were our 7 best tips how to lose belly fat. Following them you will definitely become closer to perfection and get the body of your dream!
If you enjoyed this article, Get email updates (It’s Free)